Request Info
Records at Hutchinson Community College


Frequently Asked Questions?

  • How do I contact a general education advisor?

    To contact a general education advisor students can call, email or visit the Student Success Center in the Parker Student Union. For a general education advisor's contact information go to the staff directory.

  • Where do I find a list of available courses?

    Students wishing to search for courses before meeting with a general education advisor can find a list of available courses on the course search page.

  • Where can I find a course description?

    Course descriptions are located in the syllabus for each course. Go to the Course Search page to find a course and course description.

  • Can I enroll myself?

    Students at HutchCC now have the option of managing their semester schedules in Dragon Zone. Degree-seeking students must first meet with their academic advisor to discuss degree requirements before being allowed to self-enroll.

    Non-degree seeking students do not need to meet with an academic advisor before self-enrolling but may seek advice from an academic advisor if needed. Go to DragonZone for step-by-step instructions on adding, dropping, and confirming classes.

  • I have heard that HutchCC has mandatory course placement. What is mandatory course placement and how does that apply to me?

    At HutchCC, we want students to be successful. To further this goal, HutchCC instituted mandatory course placement in English and Mathematics. HutchCC uses ACT and ACCUPLACER placement tests to place students in the appropriate level coursework. For example, if your placement scores indicate placement in Intermediate Algebra you will not be allowed to enroll in an upper level math class (College Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, etc.).

  • How do I apply for Federal Financial Aid and when will it be awarded?

    To apply for financial aid, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. The FAFSA can be filed electronically through the FAFSA website at When completing the application, you must list Hutchinson Community College, school code 001923, in Section 6 for your application to be forwarded to us. For more detailed information please visit the HutchCC Financial Aid webpage.

    The amount of aid credited to a student's account is based on when the class is certified. To find when your classes are certified please check your class schedule in Dragon Zone

  • I have enrolled in classes, now what?

    In order to ensure that your class schedule is preserved, you will need to confirm your intent to attend HutchCC no later than ten days prior to the start date of your first class. If you are ready to accept the class schedule that you have selected for the upcoming semester and the financial obligation that accompanies that class schedule, you will need to do the following:

    • Log into Dragon Zone
    • Enter your username and password
    • Complete the step-by-step instructions to confirm your intent

    A handling fee of $25.00 per month may be added to student accounts that have an unpaid balance at the end of each month and who have not established a monthly payment agreement with Nelnet Business Solutions.

  • How do I know if my courses will transfer to a four-year Kansas College-University?

    Links to 8 Kansas Colleges/Universities can be found on the Transfer Credit's page.

Contact Details

Student Success Center
1-888-GO-HUTCH ext. 3377
FAX: 620-728-8155

Make an Appointment

To schedule an appointment please contact: