Process for Filing a Formal Complaint
Complaints will be considered if filed within thirty days of the conclusion of the semester in which the event occurred.
An individual who wishes to complain about a college policy, procedure, or employee’s action may complete a complaint form or may submit a letter or e-mail containing the pertinent information.
1. Name of the complainant
2. Contact information including the complainant’s address, phone number, and e-mail address
3. The date of the event leading to the complaint
4. The location of the event leading to the complaint
5. The title of the policy or process, or employee named in the complaint.
6. A description of the complaint
7. A description of what steps the complainant has taken to resolve the complaint.
8. The proposed resolution for the complaint
Completed forms may be returned to email@example.com, or to the office of the president or any vice president. Once received, the complaint will be directed to the appropriate administrator for review and response. In the event that an appeal procedure exists for an area of complaint, the complaint received will be forwarded as an appeal to the appropriate area, and the complainant will be informed of this action. For example, if a complaint is received about a course grade, the complaint will be forwarded as an appeal under the Appeal Course Grades Policy.