Students at Hutchinson Community College are expected to conduct themselves as self-respecting, educated men and women in accordance with the laws of the nation, state and community, as well as the academic community. Hutchinson Community College affirms the principle of intellectual freedom in scholarly activity, the right of each member of the community to be treated with respect and dignity and the right to learn. This affirmation imposes a duty not to infringe upon the rights of others. Within its sphere of responsibilities, the college will afford students proper procedural safeguards to resolve matters in dispute. Those students who willfully violate college standards must expect to face disciplinary action on the part of the institution.
Students at Hutchinson Community College have the following responsibilities:
- To provide the necessary documents for admission to the college.
- To observe all regulations of the college.
- To consult their advisors on academic careers, curriculum planning and changes in their programs.
- To attend all meetings of each class in which they are enrolled from the first class meeting and to be aware of and comply with the instructor's attendance policy as outlined in the course syllabus.
- To prepare for each class meeting as instructed and be an active participant in the class.
- To fulfill all requirements for graduation.
- To answer promptly all written notices from advisors, faculty, vice presidents and other college officials.
- To file an application for graduation with the Records Office.
- To enroll in only those courses for which the stated prerequisite(s) -- if there are any -- have been satisfactorily met. Failure to comply with prerequisites may result in administrative withdrawal.
- To be aware of and comply with the policy and procedures on withdrawal from the college and/or withdrawal from a class.
- To be aware of and comply with the policy on academic honesty.
- To use the appropriate channels in appealing any academic actions which the students believe are unfair.