Hutchinson Community College campus photo


State Authorization

To comply with federal regulations regarding state authorization for distance education, the Hutchinson Community College web site now clarifies the complaint process for students who reside strictly out-of-state. All students who wish to appeal a final course grade must follow the HutchCC Grade Appeal Process. Out of state students must also follow the HutchCC policies and process. If all other attempts at a resolution are exhausted students residing wholly out-of-state may file a formal unresolved complaint at their state-level if their state is not participating in SARA.

Distance Learning Complaint Resolution for Out of State Students

Hutchinson Community College is working in cooperation with the Department of Education and states' agencies to comply with required authorizations and requirements so that we can continue to provide educational access to students across the country. HCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. HutchCC is a SARA member.

Authorizations by State for Hutchinson Community College

Click here to see the state listing in which Hutchinson Community College has sought and received authorization to offer distance education or where we are currently in the process of obtaining authorization. Full documentation for each state can be reviewed in Lockman Hall 113.

Authorization by State

For all students

Students who have a concern or complaint regarding Hutchinson Community College online course should address them by following the steps in this order:

  1. Contact course instructor.
  2. Contact Department Chairperson for the discipline in which you have a concern.
  3. Contact the Vice President of Academic Affairs.

HCC desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. If a timely response from anyone above is not received, please contact

Complaint Resolution Process

In compliance with the language passed in the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.Students must follow the steps above and if an issue cannot be resolved internally, students may file a complaint with your state.

Unresolved student concerns regarding programs authorized through SARA may be directed to the state portal agency. Students can find the SARA complaint procedure at this link:


Check Out Campus

The excitement here at HutchCC is contagious, and we know that if you see all the things going on, then you will have to come here.

What We Can Offer

Not only do we have amazing faculty, but our campuses and facilities really have a university feel. We provide a lot of opportunities to succeed - just check out these resources...