HCC awards more than 500 scholarships every year. Whether you are a full-time or part-time student, seeking vocational training or looking to transfer to a university, we have a scholarship that you may qualify for:
- Activity & Departmental
- Alumni and Friends Child Care
Scholarship Priority deadline is February 15th
Steps to Complete:
To be eligible for scholarships at HCC, students must complete:
1) Application for Admissions at HCCApply for Admissions Now
2) Complete Scholarship Application
Log in to the student web portal (Dragon Zone) and the Scholarship application is under the finance tab.Access DragonZoneStep-by-Step Instructions
Helpful Hints to completing the Scholarship:
The components listed below are recommended by the scholarship committee
- Completed scholarships are reviewed first so have your scholarship completed before the priority deadline of February 15th (If you miss the deadline still complete the application for scholarships.)
- A personal statement is needed for most scholarships it is limited to 500 words.
- Know your families approximate family income.
- Reference letters can be accepted electronically so have your references email addresses available. (Recommend references would include but not limited to teacher, counselor, or administrator at your high school.)
- Students can receive multiple scholarships from HCC so mark all interest areas on the online scholarship application.
- To improve your chances of being awarded a scholarship it is advised to contact departments and/or activities directly after submitting your scholarship.